2 contributing buildings.
Removed from the National Register of Historic Places January 26, 2018.
Part of White County MPS (NRIS 64500033).
Also known as:
The Porter Rodgers Sr. House was a historic house at the junction of North Oak and East Race Streets in Searcy, Arkansas. It was a 1-1/2 story wood frame structure, with a side gable roof, weatherboard siding, and a concrete foundation. A cross-gabled Greek Revival portico, two stories in height, projected from the center of its roof line, supported by fluted square box columns. It was built in 1925, and was one of the city's best examples of high-style Colonial Revival architecture.
The house was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1991. It has been listed as destroyed in the Arkansas Historic Preservation Program database, and was delisted in 2018.(read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/91001230