Address: Jct. of W. Center and S. Gum Sts., Searcy, Arkansas. County/parish: White.
1 contributing building.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places September 13, 1991.
Part of White County MPS (NRIS 64500033).
Also known as:
The Dr. James House was a historic house at West Center and South Gum Streets in Searcy, Arkansas. It was a two-story brick building, with a gabled roof and a brick foundation. A shed-roofed porch extended around its front and side, supported by square posts. It was built about 1880, and was one of a modest number of houses surviving in the city from that period when it was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1991. The house has been reported as demolished to the Arkansas Historic Preservation Program, and is in the process of being delisted.(read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/91001241