Address: Co. Rd. 529 NW of Little Red, Little Red, Arkansas. County/parish: White.
1 contributing building. 2 contributing sites.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places September 13, 1991.
Part of White County MPS (NRIS 64500033).
Also known as:
The Joe Brown House and Farmstead is a historic property in rural White County, Arkansas. It is located about one mile south of the end of County Road 529, and about 2 miles (3.2 km) north of the hamlet of Little Red as the crow flies. It is a single-story dogtrot house, with a corrugated metal roof and board-and-batten siding. The front facade has a shed-roof porch extending across part of the front, sheltering two entrances giving access to the two pens and the breezeway. The property includes a well and the remains of a log smokehouse. The house was built about 1890, and is one of White County's few surviving 19th-century dogtrots.
The property was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1991, at which time it was reported to be in deteriorated condition.(read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/91001338