Address: Co. Rd. 183, Durham, Arkansas. County/parish: Washington.
1 contributing building.
Removed from the National Register of Historic Places January 26, 2018.
Also known as:
The Durham School was a historic schoolhouse on Durham Road (County Road 183) in Durham, Arkansas. It was a single-story Craftsman style stone structure, with a gable roof, and entrances at the opposite gable ends. Built in 1829, the school had three classrooms and space for a teacher's living quarters. It was used until the Durham school district was consolidated into that of Elkins in 1948. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1982. The building has since been destroyed by fire, and was delisted from the Register in 2018.(read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/92001121