1 contributing building.
Removed from the National Register of Historic Places December 04, 2018.
The Perkins House in Dekalb, Mississippi is a historic structure listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1994 for its architectural significance as a mid-nineteenth century example of a vernacular middle-class farmhouse as well as the artistic significance of the ornamental painting displayed throughout the interior of the house. The Perkins House was originally built around 1870, and the artwork was added in the 1890s. The house was originally located on Murphy Hardy Rd, northwest of its junction with Mississippi Highway 493 but was moved to its current location on Townsend Road in 2012 after being purchased by new owners.(read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/94000643