Address: 214 E. Second St., Ottumwa, Iowa. County/parish: Wapello.
1 contributing building.
Removed from the National Register of Historic Places March 07, 2019.
Part of Ottumwa MPS (NRIS 64500177).
Also known as:
The Benson Building, also known as the Union Bus Depot, was an historic building located in downtown Ottumwa, Iowa, United States. The Tudor Revival style commercial building was completed in 1930. The one-story structure was composed of highly textured, painted brick. The façade featured a steeply-pitched gable roof and half-timbering. The building was originally used as an indoor miniature golf course. Its significance was attributed to its architecture. It was individually listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1995 as a part of the Ottumwa MPS. In 2016 it was included as a contributing property in the Greater Second Street Historic District.
On January 6, 2018, the structure caught fire and was destroyed. It was delisted from the National Register of Historic Places in 2019.(read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/95000969