Confederate Monument in Glasgow (NRIS 97000717)
Jct. of Main and Green Sts.,
KY. County/parish: Barren.
1 contributing object.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places
July 17, 1997.
Part of Civil War Monuments of Kentucky MPS
- Confederate Monument in Glasgow
- The Confederate Monument in Glasgow, Kentucky, built in 1905 by the Kentucky Women's Monumental Association and former Confederate soldier John A. Murray, commemorates those who gave their lives in service for the Confederate States of America. It is located on the side of Glasgow's courthouse. The Confederate soldier, made of bronze, is at parade rest, and features details such as a bedroll, canteen, kepi hat, and rifle. It stands on a limestone pedestal. (read more...)